If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Assistant Accountant - Part Qualified (REF: BH-FI-AA-Oct18)
London Heathrow, Harmondsworth
Title Assistant Accountant
Line Manager Assistant Finance Controller
Direct Reports None
Conditions Full time M-F (40 hours)
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
The UK finance team is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting for both the UK, Germany and overall Holding company financials to the group. This role primarily will assist in the month end close process, ensuring all deadlines are met, taking full control of the intercompany relationships and cash management whilst ensuring company policies are adhered to.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Take full control of inter company reconciliations
· Ensure that creditor & debtor balances remain at a minimum with all Countries
· Process month end Journals for Ltd, DE and Holdings entities including. payroll journal following the journal approval process
· Maintain Balance sheet reconciliations for all entities, making appropriate adjustments as needed
· Ensure that Group charges are correctly charged from other entities
· Charge out group costs to all B&H Worldwide entities
· Process and pay staff expenses both personal and Corporate credit card charges
· Report to IATA any CASS IATA queries
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to work and be able to react to a high pressured environment. They will ensure their work is accurate consistently and have great attention to detail. We are looking for a real team player who is able to build relationships across the business.
Key Skills and Attributes
· Works under pressure in a fast paced environment.
· Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
· Proven problem solving skills - ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
· Analyse and handle large volume data
· Positive organisational skills – ability to prioritise own workload.
Qualifications and Experience
- Part-qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent (foundation plus)
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Good understanding of finance practices and terminology required.
- Good working knowledge of Accounting Systems (Dynamics Great Plains - desirable).
- Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.