If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Operations Account Manager (REF: BH-OPM-MAR-19)
Title Operations Account Manager
Direct Reports None
Conditions Full Time - Monday to Friday
The B&H Worldwide team at Heathrow are expanding and require an Operations Account Manager to oversee and manage the operational performance delivery for several customers to ensure that service expectations are managed in line with the customer expectations. This is a new role and duties will include meeting with department managers to review operational performance and liaising with overseas managers where required with regards to performance in other regions, depending on the customer’s global profile.
Main Role Accountabilities
- Responsibility for the operational management of several top accounts ensuring that service levels are maintained in each region where the customer has business with B&H.
- Oversight of daily operations for all areas - imports/exports/courier - but not processing jobs.
- Will need to set up daily reports and have a feedback loop with operations.
- Global responsibility for customer, not just UK.
- Regular monthly visits (on site or Skype) to present KPI and feedback to customer.
- Work closely with the CS manager on tenders in terms of carrier choice transit etc but not in terms of collating net/sell rates.
The successful candidate will be customer focussed with excellent attention to detail, analytical mind with ability to design and implement processes. They will have a sound knowledge of Import & Export processes and excellent people management skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage customers and people.
- Supervisor level or above.
- Good with people, both internal and external. Must be able to develop relationships.
- Customer focused.
- Willing to travel.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of freight forwarding - not just UK, take account of regional variances.
- Good overall aerospace industry knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience
- A high level of industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Proven background in customer or people management.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.