If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Operations Account Manager (REF: BH-OPM-MAR-19)
Title Operational Account Manager
Line Manager Global Manager of Operational Account Manager Team
Conditions Full time M-F (40 hours)
The Operational Account Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing operational performance delivery for a number of customers to ensure that service expectations are managed in line with KPI’s and the customers’ expectations.
Duties will include meeting with department managers to review operational performance and liaising with overseas managers where required with regards to performance in other regions, depending on the customer’s global profile.
Main Role Accountabilities
= Responsibility for the operational management of several top accounts ensuring that service levels are maintained in each region where the customer has business with B&H.
= Oversight of daily operations for all areas – imports/exports/courier - but not processing jobs.
= Will need to set up daily reports and have a feedback loop with operations.
= Global responsibility for customer, not just UK.
= Regular monthly visits (on site or Teams) to present KPI and feedback to customer.
= Work closely with the CS manager on tenders in terms of carrier choice transit etc but not in terms of collating net/sell rates.
= Step into operation where required.
= Direct liaison with operators in order to maintain visibility
= Internal meetings with department managers and overseas managers – on site/Teams.
= Manage important shipments directly ex. engine moves.
Key skills & Attributes
- Customer focused with excellent attention to detail, analytical mind with ability to design and implement processes.
- A sound knowledge of Import & Express processes and excellent people management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage customers and people.
- Supervisor level or above.
- Good with people, both internal and external. Must be able to develop relationships.
- Customer focused.
- Willing to travel.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of freight forwarding – not just UK, take account of regional variances.
- Good overall aerospace industry knowledge.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of five years industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Proven background in customer or people management.
- A background of working with sales is ideal but not essential.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.