If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Group Quality and Compliance Manager (REF: BH-QMS-Apr19)
Title Group Compliance and Quality Manager
Line Manager Group MD
Conditions Full time M-F (40 hours)
Group functional role with responsibility for managing compliance across the group regarding both regulatory requirements and best practices (ISO9001 and 9120). The activity will support the operating entities to drive operational capability through process, training and use of technology which will help business service delivery to underpin the company’s ambitious growth plans. The successful candidate will be expected to proactively develop the scope of the role in leading and initiating developments across the company’s operational activities.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Ensure that the region meets all Statutory Requirements for the Aviation industry.
· Responsibility and oversight of corporate compliance, quality and HSE.
· Development and management of the Annual Risk Based Audit Plan to satisfy compliance against all relevant Regulatory and Industry Standards. Ensure the effective management of Non-conformances raised from Audit to ensure effective remedial action within agreed timeframes.
· Oversight of regulatory filings to government bodies (i.e. HMRC, Census Bureau, AES)
· Perform internal audits on HSE, quality and QMS
· Identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks (defined in ISO 31000) as the effect of uncertainty on objectives).
QMS (ISO9001 / 9120)
· Develop the Group QMS and complete the final stages of UKAS accreditation.
· Documentation of policy and key procedures.
· Responsibility and oversight for continuous ISO accreditation across the Group.
Trade Customs Compliance (EMEA)–
· Working with the Customer Solutions team to support B&H clients with customs compliance advice by providing practical solutions within the regulatory framework.
· Provide training directly or indirectly to up skill staff on regulatory compliance (re export licenses, permits, certifications etc)
· Ensures managers and staff receive the communication and instructions needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Effectively communicate on performance to the senior management team, identifying areas of success and potential improvement.
· Drive an operational process excellence mindset across the operations team where process optimization, continual improvement and productivity are vital.
· Overall responsibility for new processes and changes to existing process designs in line with group methodology.
· Reduce the cost to serve whilst increasing scale/capacity.
Key skills & Attrributes
- Business Leader
- Technically strong (AEO, Union Customs code, Customs IT systems, guarantees, special projects)
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise as well as focus on the detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of Industry Standards – ISO 9001, AS9100
Qualifications & Experience
- Lead Auditor Qualification – ISO 9001 or suitable equivalent.
- Experience in Safety Management System management within an aviation or engineering environment.
- Experience in Quality Management System management within an aviation environment.
- Proven experience in Operational leadership roles within logistics/air freight industry
- Experience of leading change management including cultural change
- Degree calibre or equivalent
- Proven negotiation experience at a senior commercial level
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.