If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Finance Assistant (REF: BH-LHR-AA-Apr19)
Title Finance Assistant
Line Manager Group Finance Controller
Conditions Full time M-F (40 hours)
The UK Finance department is responsible for timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments relating to its suppliers. The Finance Assistant will work as part of a small team, with the primary role being the passing of invoices and transferring of these onto the accounting system.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Daily input of purchase invoices and credit notes for both LHR and Europe.
· Daily passing of invoices – ensure that any invoices without job numbers or costs are referred to relevant department.
· Respond in a timely manner to customer/supplier queries.
· Make payments to suppliers either manually or directly from Great Plains for LHR and Germany
· Maintain and use Purchase Order system to agreed standards.
· Import bank statements into Great Plains
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to work and be able to react to a high pressured environment. They will ensure their work is accurate consistently and have great attention to detail. We are looking for a real team player who is able to build relationships across the business.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Works under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven problem solving skills - ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Ability to take on and follow instructions given by management.
- Positive organisational skills – ability to prioritise own workload.
Qualifications and Experience
- An interest in working in finance, ideally with relevant qualifications
- Some knowledge of Accounting Systems (Dynamics Great Plains - desirable).
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.