If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Courier Operations Clerk (REF: BH-LHR-CO-May19)
Title Courier Operations Clerk
Direct Reports None
Conditions Full Time – Monday to Friday
The B&H Worldwide team are currently recruiting for a Courier Operations Clerk To work within the Courier Operations team, to complete shipments from start to finish ensuring excellent customer service at all times.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Ensure Courier processes are completed in compliance with AEO regulations and procedures including:
- B&H Worldwide company ISO 2015 QMS requirements (swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and UK customs law.)
- aviation security, dangerous goods and international shipping.
- Adhere to C.A.A security requirements, report any non-conformance that is identified.
· Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
· Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion and in a positive and polite manner.
· Ensure all shipments are placed within the B&H Worldwide system.
· Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all Courier activities, e.g. Manifests, Waybills, HMRC documentation, POD Reports.
· Arrange collections and liaise with Warehouse and Transport Department for distribution of Courier collections and deliveries.
· Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside any other relevant departments.
· Understand individual customer needs and requirements.
· Communicate quickly and professionally to customers any changes that affect their business e.g. delays, emergency measures etc.
· Ensuring all billing is carried out within a timely fashion (KPI is 5 days) monitoring and ensuring correct input of purchase costs into the system enabling accurate billing and profit reporting.
· Liaise with overseas offices, partners and vendors ensuring correct costs are received.
· Ensure quotations are responded to in a timely fashion dependent on customer requirements (KPI is 30 minutes).
· Complete all quotations through BoxTop, follow up and when customer gives the green light converted into a live job
Key Skills & Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel an advantage.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potenti
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.