If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Courier Operations Clerk (REF: BH-CO-JUL19)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Job Title: Courier Operations Clerk
Line Manager: Team Leader Exports
Department: Export Operations
Conditions: Full time Mon - Fri
Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Main Role Accountabilities
Compliance: Ensure Courier processes are completed in compliance with AEO regulations and procedures including:
- B&H Worldwide company ISO 2015 QMS requirements (swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and UK customs law.)
- Aviation security, dangerous goods and international shipping.
Operations: Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
• Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion and in a positive and polite manner.
• Ensure all shipments are placed within the B&H Worldwide system.
Customer Focus: Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside customer solutions and any other relevant departments.
Measurement: To follow B&H Worldwide company Processes and Standard operating procedures ensuring company KPIs are met and proactively manage operational files through agreed KPIs.
Accounting: Ensuring all billing is carried out within a timely fashion monitoring and ensuring correct input of purchase costs into the system enabling accurate billing and profit reporting.
Quotations: Ensure quotations are responded to in a timely fashion dependent on customer requirements.
Personal Compliance: Be aware and adhere to standards expected in respect of the job, attendance, time keeping and behaviour and the standards set out in the handbook and the HR Policy Manual.
Personal Development: Ensure all mandatory training is completed within the required time frames and refresher courses are completed are completed prior to expiry date and highlight any areas or needs for training with line manager.
This role needs to be underpinned by excellent customer service skills. You will have excellent attention to detail and possess a sound knowledge of Export processes.
Key Skills and Attributes
- · The ability to work pro-actively using own initiative.
- · Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
- · Previous experience dealing with a varied customer base
- · Capacity to build strong relationships.
- · Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- · IT skills to an appropriate level.
- · Excellent process and planning skills.
- · Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- · Proven industry experience.
- · Solid background in UK Customs law and procedures.
- · Sound knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- · Project management software an advantage.
- · Dangerous Goods Compliant an advantage.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.