If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Manager Aircraft Engines, Large Shipments and Air Charters (REF: BH-LHR-ENG-JUL19)
London Heathrow, Harmondsworth
Job Title: Manager Aircraft Engines, Large Shipments and Air Charters
Line Manager: Global Head of Operations
Department: Aircraft Engines and Large Projects
Conditions: Full time Mon – Fri
Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential. Responsible for managing a specialist department within B&H Worldwide dealing with aircraft engines, charters and large shipment movements.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Running a specialist aircraft engine department within B&H Worldwide incorporating large non engine moves.
· Remote management of existing operational and CS staff in relation to shipments applicable to the job role.
· The role is global so will involve some travel and ensuring we are set up with the same standards in all B&H offices.
· Maintaining an SOP which includes technical knowledge and B&H internal procedures for handling aircraft engine shipments.
· Training of staff to ensure that only qualified operators will handle engine and charter shipments.
· Obtaining the transport manuals for all aircraft types.
· Overseeing all engine moves within B&H Worldwide globally.
· Customer QBR.
· Quoting shipments and overseeing all engine quotations and following up on lost opportunities.
· Direct involvement in sales to help develop the engine vertical.
This role needs to be underpinned by excellent customer service skills. You will have excellent attention to detail, an analytical mind with ability to design and implement processes. The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of Import & Express processes and excellent people management skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage customers and people.
- Management level.
- Good with people, both internal and external. Must be able to develop relationships.
- Customer focused.
- Willing to travel.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of freight forwarding
- Good overall aerospace industry knowledge.
- Excellent technical knowledge of aircraft and aircraft engines.
- Full understanding of how to transport engines across all modes.
- Excellent quality of work.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven network of contract within the aircraft engine vertical.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A high level of industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel.
- Project management software an advantage.
- Proven background in aircraft engines field.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.