If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Warehouse Operative (REF: BH-MEL-WO=AUG19)
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Conditions: Full time Mon to Fri
Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
This role will work within the Warehouse team, to ensure the smooth running of the warehouse, handling of customer material and all deliveries entering and leaving the company, whilst providing excellent customer service at all times.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Monitor the receipt, booking in and dispatch of all Cargo/Goods and record data in accordance with working procedures.
· Ensure all goods received are booked into the company within a timely manner and record data as necessary.
· Ensuring freight is screened in accordance with local requirements and is handled correctly and located and is identified as either “Known Cargo” or “Unknown Cargo”
· Load and off-load vehicles in a timely manner.
· Assist with labelling and palletizing.
· Respond to operational staff/customer queries.
· Ensure security obligations are met according to regulations and compliance. This includes checking delivery driver IDs when receiving any freight and filling out the goods in check sheet, making sure that all warehouse doors are always locked and monitored, ready to challenge any unidentified persons in the warehouse immediately.
· Keep warehouse tidy and organized.
This role needs to be underpinned by excellent customer service skills. You will have excellent attention to detail.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
- Computer literate.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.