If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Assistant Manager (REF: BH-SIN-AM-SEPT19)
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Conditions: Full time Mon to Fri
Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Responsible for the overall operational capability and business service delivery of the Singapore operation which includes office, warehouse and transport staff. The candidate will be expected to take a proactive role in leading and initiating developments across its operational activities to achieve high service standards, working closely with and under the guidance of the Line Manager.
Main Role Accountabilities
Customer Service Delivery
· Ensure that all staff deliver customer service delivery and operational process that meet/exceed customer expectations in line with Customer First!
· Have a solid understanding of the business, its key customer accounts and perform regular service reviews within the internal teams.
· Ensure that all new business wins are successfully implemented into the business.
Operational Process and CPI
· Drive an operational process excellence mindset across the SIN Team where process optimization, continual improvement and productivity are vital.
· Responsibility for new processes and changes to existing process designs in line with group methodology.
· Accountable for ensuring the risk within processes is minimised by delivering processes that are robust and compliant within the Import Team.
· Review job profitability with the Line Manager and take appropriate corrective action as required.
· Lead and inspire the employees acting as a role model, mentor and coach.
· Set clear objectives, directly linked to the business strategy, and guide the team to achieve defined targets and performance standards.
· Ensure the team is designed optimally, ensuring sufficient organisational depth, span of control with succession/talent planning.
· Meet all Statutory Requirements for the Aviation industry.
· Responsibility and oversight of corporate compliance in customs regulations.
· Ensure team members receive the communication and instructions needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills from a freight forwarding background while maintaining a team player attitude. You will have a professional attitude and be ambitious.
Key Skills and Attributes
· Business Leader
· Strong presentation skills
· Advanced Sales and Negotiation Skills
· Wide industry relevant network
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise as well as focus on the detail
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Advanced problem-solving skills
· Able to operate at both strategic as well as at a tactical/day to day level
· Strong analytical skills to be able to assess complex data quickly and propose solutions to satisfy both the customer and B&H’s objectives
Qualifications and Experience
· Proven experience in Operational leadership roles within logistics/air freight industry
· Experience of leading change management including cultural change
· Proven negotiation experience at a senior commercial level
· Sound IT skills
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.