If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Exports Team Leader (REF: BH-AUS-TL-NOV19)
Job Title: Exports Team Leader
Conditions: Full time Mon to Fri
Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
This role will be responsible for the supervision of the Team to maximise revenue and profit potential of all opportunities in balance with excellent customer service.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Ensure all Operators are following correct processes and are completing jobs in compliance with AACA, IATA, AU regulations and procedures including:
- Customs simplifications/security and safety.
- B&H Worldwide company ISO 2015 QMS requirements (swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and AU law.)
· Train operators against up to date standards.
· Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
· Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion.
· Ensure all shipments are placed within the Company system.
· Monitor profitability of accounts and explore avenues to increase margins through additional sales of Value Added Solutions or high light potential changes to operational practices to improve efficiency.
· Ensure Correct costs are entered on B&H Worldwide system.
· Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside customer solutions and any other relevant departments.
· Attend customer reviews with CS team.
· Understand individual customer needs and requirements.
· Monitor staff (attendance, time keeping, sickness & statutory breaks) and take action and report to the Operations Manager as necessary.
· Proactively monitor the team against the B&H Worldwide standards and take appropriate action including training, retraining, counselling, and possibly disciplinary action. Ensure this is carried out in a swift, fair consistent manner.
· Ensure all overtime carried out by the team is authorised in advance.
· Authorised overtime is communicated to the Operations Manager.
· Make sure there is always enough cover of staff on a daily basis.
· Ensure the review and appraisal, with the support of the Operations Manager, of the team members to meet their full potential and support the growth of the business.
· Attend all team members annual appraisals in line with B&H standards.
This role needs to be underpinned by excellent customer service skills. You will have excellent attention to detail, possess a sound knowledge of imports processes and excellent people management skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous Industry experience.
- Solid background in AU Customs law and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Dangerous Goods Compliant an advantage.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.