If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Operations Supervisor (REF: BHHKGSUP)
Title: Operations Supervisor
Conditions Full Time - Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays.
The B&H Worldwide team in Hong Kong are recruiting for an Operations Supervisor. The successful person will be responsible for the supervision of the Export Team to maximise revenue and profit potential of all Export opportunities in balance with excellent customer service.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
· Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion.
· Ensure all shipments are placed within the Company system.
· Ensure Customs entries are completed correctly as per instructions received from customer in writing.
· Arrange OBC shipments as and when required.
· Arrange third party collections and deliveries liaising with B&H Transport department.
· Monitor profitability of accounts and explore avenues to increase margins through additional sales of Value Added Solutions or high light potential changes to operational practices to improve efficiency.
· Ensure Correct costs are entered on B&H Worldwide system.
· Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside the customer solutions team and any other relevant departments.
· Attend customer reviews with CS team.
· Understand individual customer needs and requirements.
· Monitor staff (attendance, time keeping, sickness & statutory breaks) and take action and report to the Export Operations Manager as necessary.
· Proactively monitor the team against the B&H Worldwide standards and take appropriate action including training, retraining, counselling, and possibly disciplinary action. Ensure this is carried out in a swift, fair consistent manner.
· Ensure the review and appraisal, with the support of the Export Operations Manager, of the Export team members to meet their full potential and support the growth of the business.
· Attend all team members annual appraisals in line with B&H standards.
The successful candidate will be customer focussed with excellent attention to detail, analytical mind with ability to design and implement processes. They will have a sound knowledge of Import & Export processes and excellent people management skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
· Work pro-actively using own initiative.
· Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
· Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
· Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
· Possess appropriate IT skills.
· Excellent process and planning skills.
· Be persistent, tenacious and determined to win new business.
Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions..
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven industry experience.
- Solid background in Customs law and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Dangerous Goods Compliant an advantage.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.