If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Key Account Manager (REF: BH-LAX-KAM-OCT21)
Title Key Accounts Manager
Line Manager Station Manager
Conditions Full time M-F (40 hours)
Responsible for the management of key account in USA to maximise performance, revenue and profit potential of all shipping opportunities in balance with excellent customer service. This will include responsibility for making sure all operational staff are trained in the customer’s requirements and ensuring the daily performance of the USA operations is in line with agreed service levels.
Main Role Accountabilities
Ensuring the US operation provides the expected service levels in terms of communication, quotations, invoicing, imports, exports, domestic, courier and warehouse operations for the key account. This will involve working directly with the US operational teams on a daily basis to allocate work and check for updates and will involve hands on operational work as part of the job role.
Accounting and Profitability
· Monitor profitability of the accounts and explore avenues to increase margins through additional sales of Value-Added Solutions or high light potential changes to operational practices to improve efficiency.
· Ensure correct costs are entered on the system.
· Ensure that jobs are invoiced no later than the next working day following POD.
· Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside the operational teams and in conjunction with overseas offices.
· Visit key contacts within the key account for service reviews.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with key account operational staff in Los Angeles.
· Develop relationships with suppliers across the US to cement our relationship as part of the supply chain.
Key skills & Attributes
· Work pro-actively using own initiative.
· Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
· Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
· Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
· Possess appropriate IT skills.
· Excellent process and planning skills.
Qualifications & Experience
· Industry experience preferably within Air Exports
· Solid background in US Customs law and procedures
· Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage
· Dangerous Goods Compliant
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.