If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Night Team Operator (REF: BH-LHR-NIGHTS-190417)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Title - Night Team Operator
Line Manager - Night Team Manager
Department - Night Team Operations
Location - LHR
Direct Reports - N/A
Conditions - Full time 4 on 4 off (7pm to 7am)
External - Customers & Suppliers
Internal - UK Operations, Night Team Manager, Export Operations Manager, Head of Operations, Overseas Offices, Finance, Transport & Warehouse Team.
To work within the Night Operations team, to complete shipments from start to finish ensuring excellent customer service at all times.
Main Role Accountabilities
- Ensure Export and Import processes are completed in compliance with AEO regulations and procedures including:
- Customs simplifications/security and safety.
- B&H Worldwide company ISO 2015 QMS requirements (swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and UK customs law.)
- Understand Rules laid out in UK HMR&C tariff, following customer customs entry instructions.
- Adhere to C.A.A security requirements, report any non-conformance that is identified.
- Adhere to B&H Quality Management System Processes.
- Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
- Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion.
- Ensure all shipments are placed within the Company system.
- Ensure Customs entries are completed correctly as per instructions received from customer in writing.
- Arrange OBC shipments as and when required.
- Arrange third party collections and deliveries liaising with B&H Transport department.
- Monitor shipments and update all tracking information in the B&H systems.
- Handle Warehouse Inventory dispatches within the specified deadlines.
- Answer telephone calls in a polite and timely manner (within 3 rings).
- Review each file once invoice has been raised to ensure correct costing and sales tariff used.
- Highlight areas of concern to line manager or the account CS manager.
- Identify areas to maximise profitability by proactive file management.
- Identify smarter ways or working to increase efficiency.
4. Customer Focus
- Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside customer solutions and any other relevant departments.
- Attend customer reviews with CS team.
- Understand individual customer needs and requirements.
- Communicate quickly and professionally to customers any changes that affect their business e.g. delays, changes to flights, emergency measures etc.
- To follow B&H Worldwide company Processes and Standard operating procedures ensuring company KPIs are met
- Proactively manage operational files through agreed KPIs. This will include:
- Files to be invoiced within agreed KPI (5 Days).
- Correct costs from suppliers added during the live operation of the job.
- Correct customer tariff reducing customer invoice queries.
- Shipment delivered to customer agreed KPI.
- Ensuring all billing is carried out within a timely fashion (KPI is 5 days) monitoring and ensuring correct input of purchase costs into the system enabling accurate billing and profit reporting.
- Liaise with overseas offices, partners and vendors ensuring correct costs are received.
- Monitor invoicing against the agreed tariff and highlight to Team Leader and Account CS Manager any areas for loss.
- Identify errors as a result of invoice queries from finance.
- Resolve errors and ensure that they are not repeated.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are returned to accounts within 24 hours.
- Ensure quotations are responded to in a timely fashion dependent on customer requirements (KPI is 30 minutes).
- Complete all quotations through BoxTop, follow up and when customer gives the green light converted into a live job.
- Understands customer requirements for completing quotations and ensure team is working to these standards.
- Any errors identified are raised to Line Manager to ensure they are not repeated.
- Liaise with CS team to follow up on reasons why quotations were not gained and make any reasonable amendments to future quotations to try to secure the business.
8. Personal Compliance
- Be aware of the standards expected in respect of the job, attendance, time keeping and behaviour and the standards set out in the handbook and the HR Policy Manual.
- Adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy.
9. Personal Development
- Complete annual appraisals in line with B&H standards with Line Manager.
- Ensure an active PDP is in place.
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed within the required time frames and refresher courses are completed are completed prior to expiry date.
- Highlight any areas or needs for training with line manager.
- Customer focussed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of Export processes
- Excellent customer service skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous Industry experience.
- Solid background in UK Customs law and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage.
- Dangerous Goods Compliant an advantage.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.