If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
IT Support Technician (REF: BH-IT-Dec19)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Line Manager: Systems Support Manager
Conditions: Full time M-F 40 hours per week
The B&H Worldwide IT department are looking for a new member to join their team to provide an all round in-house IT support resource to our Global Offices.
Main Role Accountabilities
General IT Support
· Responsible for the day to day provision of high quality IT services to our offices globally.
· Communication with staff in all global locations.
· Meet agreed IT support performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
· Attend meetings as required to provide IT input and gain knowledge of developments and changes in the business or staff requirements.
· Develop a detailed understanding of all aspects of our business and how IT relates to it.
· Develop and maintain a high level knowledge of all internal systems and how these interact with each other.
· Manage network accounts and printer/MFD connectivity.
· Connecting and setting up hardware (laptops, tablets, mobiles phones, Apple Macs, projectors etc).
· Setting up user profiles and software on workstations, laptops, tablets and Apple Macs.
· Troubleshooting and resolving hardware issues including workstations, Apple Macs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
· Application support of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio).
· Preparation of weekly reports.
· Production and maintenance of end user instructions & user guides.
· Internal department setup/installation guides.
· Ability to work with people at all levels within the company.
· Ability to flexibly manage time to meet changing priorities and deadlines whilst ensuring core tasks are still performed.
· Be available to handle occasional out of hours calls in the event of system failure or to perform maintenance that cannot occur during standard business hours.
· Must also be able to work in a busy environment and able to use their own experience and initiative to resolve issues.
· An organised individual with a "can do" attitude who enjoys a challenge, can multi-task and who is focused on providing excellent customer service.
Key Skills and Attributes
· Installing Windows operating systems 10 and Mac OS.
· Setting up and troubleshooting Windows/Apple Mac user profiles.
· Installing applications on Windows SQL, windows and Apple Mac workstations.
· Basic active directory (AD) administration knowledge (adding users/password reset).
· Connecting and setting up computers and printers/MFDs to the network.
· Setting up workstations, Apple MACs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
· Microsoft Office application support (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
· Office 365 and SharePoint online administration.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues in Windows and Apple Mac environments.
· Basic understanding of networking.
Qualifications and Experience
Proven experience in an IT support technician role with the above key skills and attributes.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.