If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Import Operations Clerk (REF: BH-IOC-Sept 2017)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Job Title - Import Operations Clerk
Line Manager - Import Manager
Department - Operations
Location - LHR - Harmondsworth
Direct Reports - N/A
Hours - Full time (4 on 4 off)
External - Key Accounts
Internal - EMEA Operations, Imports Team
To manage the movement of products, equipment and materials to the UK in accordance with organisational policy & procedure, HRMC regulations & laws in a timely and efficient manner.
Main Roles and Accountabilities
1. Import Processes
· Ensure quotation requests from customers are responded to in a timely manner, providing required follow up and inputting into the company system if the quotation comes to fruition.
· Investigate and implement the most cost-effective dispatch of each shipment in accordance with the customers' instructions.
· Liaise and negotiate with the suppliers to ensure their costs are being provided at the time of booking.
· Manage all necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import activities.
· Provide "collection/delivery notes" and or notification "in writing" of all relevant collection/delivery instructions.
· Ensuring Customs Entries are being completed as per the written instructions from the customer or as per the agreed customer SOP.
· Liaise with Warehouse and Transport Department for reliable distribution for imports.
· Ensure all Custom entries are completed to a high standard.
· Arrange direct drives as per customer requests.
· Arrange On Board Couriers when necessary.
2. Customer Service
· Answering and returning customer emails and calls in a timely manner and to agreed standards.
· Be polite and respond positively at all times to customers/colleagues.
· Locate and track shipments and respond to customer enquiries.
· Maintain and manage records of shipments in and out of the Heathrow ETSF facility in compliance with AEO, UK Customs Law, IE NCTS, ETSF Records, C88, Dangerous goods, International shipping and B&H organizational policy & procedure.
· Ensure each file is closed down and put away in a timely manner with all supporting paperwork contained.
· Ensure billing is completed within the required KPI (48hrs after job completion).
· Maintain Customer Standing Data held on file.
· Updating comments and actions within the company system to allow understanding of workflow and handling of shipment specific without the requirement to locate individual file.
· Deleting any un-necessary emails, to ensure servers do not get overloaded.
· Making sure work stations are kept clean and tidy.
4. Compliance/Health and Safety
· Meet all Statutory Requirements for the Aviation industry.
· Ensure team members receive the communication and instructions needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
· Ensure adherence to B&H Quality Management System processes.
· Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
· Team worker
Key Skills and Attributes
· Industry relevant network.
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise as well as focus on the detail.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Problem solving skills.
· Strong analytical skills to be able to assess complex data quickly and propose solutions to satisfy both the customer and B&H’s objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
· Previous experience in a similar role.
· Sound knowledge of Customs entries.
· Knowledge of Boxtop – advantage
· Knowledge of E-Customs – advantage
· Sound IT skills.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.