If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Courier Operations Clerk (REF: BH-COC-Jan2018)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Job Title - Courier Operations Clerk
Line Manager - Export Operations Manager
Department - Courier Operations
Location - LHR
Direct Reports - N/A
Conditions - Full time M-F (40 hours)
External - Customers & Suppliers
Internal - Customer Solutions, UK Operations, Overseas Offices, Finance, Transport & Warehouse Team
To work within the Courier Operations team, to complete shipments from start to finish ensuring excellent customer service at all times.
Main Role Accountabilities
- Ensure Courier processes are completed in compliance with AEO regulations and procedures including:
- B&H Worldwide company ISO 2015 QMS requirements (swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and UK customs law.)
- aviation security, dangerous goods and international shipping.
- Adhere to C.A.A security requirements, report any non-conformance that is identified.
- Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other B&H departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
- Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion and in a positive and polite manner.
- Ensure all shipments are placed within the B&H Worldwide system.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all Courier activities, e.g. Manifests, Waybills, HMRC documentation, POD Reports.
- Arrange collections and liaise with Warehouse and Transport Department for distribution of Courier collections and deliveries.
- Provide "collection/delivery notes" and or notification "in writing" of all relevant instructions.
- Liaise with suppliers as necessary regarding cost and service issues.
- Investigate and implement the most cost-effective dispatch of each shipment in accordance with the customers' instructions.
- Negotiate cost effective practice with authorized sub-contractors.
- Ensure the courier bay in the warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Monitor shipments and update all tracking information in B&H Worldwide systems daily.
- Label up shipments correctly in warehouse prior to dispatch.
- Handle Warehouse Inventory dispatches within the specified deadlines.
- Ensure each file is closed down and filed away in a timely fashion with all supporting paperwork contained within.
- Identify areas to maximise profitability by proactive file management.
- Identify smarter ways or working to increase efficiency.
3. Customer Focus
- Maintain and develop customer relationships alongside any other relevant departments.
- Understand individual customer needs and requirements.
- Communicate quickly and professionally to customers any changes that affect their business e.g. delays, emergency measures etc.
- To follow B&H Worldwide company Processes and Standard operating procedures ensuring company KPIs are met.
- Proactively manage operational files through agreed KPIs. This will include:
- Files to be invoiced within agreed KPI (5 Days).
- Correct costs from suppliers added during the live operation of the job.
- Correct customer tariff reducing customer invoice queries.
- Shipment delivered to customer agreed KPI.
- Ensuring all billing is carried out within a timely fashion (KPI is 5 days) monitoring and ensuring correct input of purchase costs into the system enabling accurate billing and profit reporting.
- Liaise with overseas offices, partners and vendors ensuring correct costs are received.
- Monitor invoicing against the agreed costs and highlight to Manager any areas for loss.
- Checking off/authorizing purchase invoices against job file in system.
- Identify errors as a result of invoice queries from finance.
- Resolve errors and ensure that they are not repeated.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are returned to accounts within 24 hours.
- Ensure quotations are responded to in a timely fashion dependent on customer requirements (KPI is 30 minutes).
- Complete all quotations through BoxTop, follow up and when customer gives the green light converted into a live job.
- Understands customer requirements for completing quotations and ensure team is working to these standards.
7. Personal Compliance
- Be aware of the standards expected in respect of the job, attendance, time keeping and behaviour and the standards set out in the handbook and the HR Policy Manual.
- Adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy.
8. Personal Development
- Complete annual appraisals in line with B&H standards with Line Manager.
- Ensure an active PDP is in place.
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed within the required time frames and refresher courses are completed are completed prior to expiry date.
- Highlight any areas or needs for training with line manager.
- Customer focussed with excellent attention to detail.
- A sound knowledge of Courier processes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel an advantage.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.