If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please scroll to the bottom to complete a short form and upload your CV.
Purchase Ledger Assistant (REF: BH-PLA-MAR19)
London Heathrow - Harmondsworth
Title Purchase Ledger Assistant
Line Manager Assistant Finance Controller
Direct Reports None
Conditions Full time M-F (40 hours)
The UK Finance department is responsible for timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments relating to its suppliers. The Purchase Ledger Assistant will work as part of a small team, with the primary role being the passing of invoices and transferring of these onto the accounting system. This role will also be required to reconcile supplier statements. The successful applicant will have worked within a finance team previously and be used to high volumes of invoices.
Main Role Accountabilities
· Daily input of purchase invoices and credit notes for both LHR and DE.
· Daily passing of invoices – ensure that any invoices without job numbers or costs are referred to relevant department.
· Daily transfer of both purchase and sales invoices automatically into Great Plains for both LHR and DE.
· Respond in a timely manner to customer/supplier queries.
· Make payments to suppliers either manually or directly from Great Plains for LHR and DE.
· Maintain and use Purchase Order system to agreed standards.
· Import bank statements into Great Plains
External - Customers & Suppliers
Internal - Finance Team, Group Financial Controller, UK Operations Team
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to work and be able to react to a high pressured environment. They will ensure their work is accurate consistently and have great attention to detail. We are looking for a real team player who is able to build relationships across the business.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Works under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven problem solving skills - ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Ability to take on and follow instructions given by management.
- Positive organisational skills – ability to prioritise own workload.
Qualifications and Experience
- Good understanding of purchase ledger practices and terminology required.
- Good working knowledge of Accounting Systems (Dynamics Great Plains - desirable).
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
The Global Institute of Logistics has named B&H Worldwide as the world’s Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working at B&H Worldwide you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. At B&H we are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
Interested? Scroll down to complete our application form.